Training & Support
We Set You & Your STEM Franchise Up for Success
One of the biggest benefits of purchasing a franchise is that you get to go into business for yourself but with the peace of mind of knowing that you have a dedicated team behind you every step of the way. You most likely have your own unique talents that you will want to utilize to build your own success, however, sometimes it’s not quite as easy as you might think. With Engineering For Kids, you can count on our established home office to back up your skills with over a decade of our own industry experience.
Our leadership team offers extensive experience running multiple franchise locations across a variety of different franchise concepts, and our team members come from backgrounds that include entrepreneurship, classroom teaching, sales and marketing, training, and more. When you are a part of our team, all of this expertise is at your disposal.
Our Comprehensive Training
Engineering For Kids utilizes a four-step approach to training franchisees:
- Pre-training – This 20 hours of onboarding training begins upon receipt of signing your Franchise Agreement and includes pre-opening manuals and details and dates for future training.
- Initial corporate training – This comprehensive training will equip you, along with one other person, with the knowledge and tools you need to successfully open your new Engineering For Kids franchise and includes class curriculum and marketing and business operations. This 22 hours of training takes place in Fredericksburg, VA, with our home office team.
- Post-training – Following our initial corporate training, we’ll provide an additional 30+ hours of remote training on various aspects of operating your franchise, including information on hiring and training your staff, managing and ordering supplies, developing a marketing strategy, and much more.
- Ongoing training – We’ll provide you with in-depth operations manuals as well as a database of support resources that cover many of the ongoing tasks you’ll encounter while running your own Engineering For Kids business. The curriculum manuals offer step-by-step lesson plans for all of our activities, and our training videos will be available for both key curriculum areas and as new curriculum becomes available.
Our Ongoing Support
The Engineering For Kids team is always here to help you throughout your journey. We offer:
- Quick response times – Our home office is always available to assist you and answer any questions you may have. Our goal is to address any questions or concerns in a timely manner.
- An intranet system – We provide our STEM franchise owners with 24/7 access to our intranet system, where you’ll be able to receive messages from our home office and download curriculum materials, operations manuals, videos, and other resources.
- Innovative curriculum development – Engineering For Kids is dedicated to continually innovating our programs, lesson plans, and teaching resources.
- Marketing and brand platforms – Our owners are provided with a variety of unique marketing and promotional materials and we coach them on our detailed marketing plans and strategies. We make it easy to market your business with a wide range of materials, including online, web-to-print, and design solutions.
At Engineering For Kids, your success is our success, so we make sure you have everything you need to hit the ground running and to confidently handle every aspect of your business. Whenever you need assistance, you can rest easy knowing someone will always be there to help.
To take the first step toward becoming a child education franchise owner, check out our Steps to Ownership page to get started.